Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My "Night" In Shining Armor

So here I sit at 3:20 AM just finishing off a bowl of Ramen Noodles that my amazing chef of a husband whipped up for me in under 4 minutes. Why am I eating Ramen Noodles at 3:20 in the morning? Well it started at about 2:00 when I flew out of bed (grabing a hair tie off my nightstand as I ran) dashing for the bathroom toilet (not to be confused with the kitchen toilet, or even the closet toilet). Luckily I made it in time, but not in time to get my hair tied back. So as I held my hair, I sent what little food was in my stomach into that porcelin pit I have grown so used to in the last three months. Paul sat near by rubbing my back as I tried in my shaky voice to convince him to go back to bed and get rested for his 8:00 class. But of course, Superman doesn't rest when a damsel is in distress-especially HIS damsel. So he proceeded to get a package of Ramen out of the pantry, fill a pot with water, and fix me up a small meal to re-nourish me and our growing baby. So as I slowly ate, he sat near (finding all the spanish channels on our new subscription of cable) and staying by my side.
I am so grateful for him and the amazing husband he is and the great dad he will soon be. I try not to let myself realize that I don't deserve him, but will always know I married way above myself. I love you babe!

5 comments:

  1. What a sweet post. You both sound simply wonderful to me! And don't worry, it will pass soon/evntually. Promise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great hubby, and I would have to say he also married up. You are just as fabulous. Have you tried taking 1/2 a unisom before going to bed? I did that with both my pregnancies, it didn't take the nausea away BUT it help significantly. YOu should give it try, it does take a few nights to realize it is helping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I already have gotten to know what a gem Paul is, we know you are certainly his equal!! Hang in there with the morning sickness stuff. It is no fun, but what is waiting for you in a few months is definitely worth it. Hopefully this stage will be about over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kaylene (still weird to call you that after all these years) YAY, I found your blog, thanks to facebook. It's very cute and I will love reading it to keep tabs on you and your cute family. I'm so excited that you are having a baby! But, I'm so sorry that you are so sick. That's the worst! It's all worth it though, which you already know! Well, take care and YAY....I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete