Friday, May 14, 2010

Paul's Birthday

Now that Paul is 25, I don't feel quite so old now that it looks like I'm only 2 years older, instead of the three it looked like when he was 24. (we don't need to share exactly how much older I am;) ) But I'm so grateful that we are together and I will be able to share every birthday with him.


I hope he had a good birthday as I put a little more planning into this one. I felt that with school and the baby on the way, he wasn't getting much attention or praise. So I did a little something for him to boost his morale. I've been wanting to do this for him for awhile now so I finally did! What is it I did?? Well...you just wait...it was good! I'm talking good! No really it was awesome! Ha Ha ok so it wasn't that amazing, but good nonetheless. Ok, Ok, Here's what I did. I asked every member of our family (the Kelly's and Kennington's) to jot down a story or attribute they like in Paul. So over the course of a few weeks, I collected these stories and laughed and cried (but mostly laughed) and was in awe at how amazing he is and has always been.



After I got all these letters via email, I printed them up and printed off some of my favorite pictures of him such as:



Well, I didn't print this one, but I should have!



So I put all these together in a binder and gave him for his birthday. I planned a little hot dog roast up the canyon (one of his favorite things to do) and we had a picnic and read through all the letters. See! I told you it was awesome! :)


It really was a neat thing for him. Half of the stories that were told, he didn't even remember or know about. I was glad I could help him know how much he is loved and admired.


I love you babe and I hope you had a great birthday!!






No comments:

Post a Comment